Monday, March 3, 2014

Impossible Pie Recipe

One of my favourite desserts to make is Impossible Pie and as we were having a lamb roast dinner on the weekend, it was the perfect choice. It would have to be the easiest thing to cook and I have been making it for many, many years. The best part is that you most likely already have all the ingredients. There are many recipes about, but I love the one from Sweet Old-Fashioned Favourites from the The Australian Women's Weekly.

1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar (I use 1/2 cup)
1 cup coconut
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
125g butter, melted
2 cups milk

Lightly grease straight-sided 24cm pie dish. Sift flour into bowl, stir in sugar, coconut, eggs, essence, butter and milk. Pour into prepared pie dish, bake in moderate oven about 45 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Serve warm or cold with cream or fruit if desired. Serves 6 to 8.

Let me know if you try it and if you like it too! You won't be disappointed.




3 comments:

  1. This looks great Lin - I'll have to try it. Will keep you posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deborah! Also, thanks for following my blog... I love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make this version of Impossible Pie a lot years ago, but haven't done it for ages. Did you know there is a savoury version? Just as simple and delicious too. All you need to to do is cut out the sweet stuff (sugar coconut etc) and substitute it with canned tuna or salmon, and chopped onion or other vegies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to visit my blog ♥