Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Edwardian Lady's Table

I found a very old book in an op shop that was in a bad way.... so I thought, why not turn it into a table!! The book is The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden. What a marvellous artist she was and her drawings are beautiful. I used an old decorator table and gave it two coats of white undercoat, followed by two coats of a buttery lemon colour. Once dry I used my Mod Podge to apply the pictures and to seal it. To do the edging, I punched out over a hundred hearts as they have a lovely curved edge. Now instead of an unloved book that someone didn't want, I have a gorgeous table that I do want and I can look at Miss Holden's magnificent work every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping in to visit my blog ♥