I had a lot of fun covering another empty matchbox. I used a page from an old children's book. For the pillow, sheets and bedcover, I used a pretty paper serviette, glued on to some light foam to give it a bit of strength and shape. I couldn't resist putting the dolly on a matchstick!!
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
I didn't Mod Podge the outside as I like the texture of the serviette....a bit like linen. Just be careful with your join as that will show through once you light your candle.
Friday, September 5, 2014
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Using green paper, I cut out a stem and leaves and glued them on to my background...using a gluestick. Then I glued my CD onto my orange flower shape....for this I used PVA glue as the CD has a bit of weight. Only put the glue to the edge of the CD so the petals aren't stuck down, so there is some movement to them.
Finally, I glued the CD flower to the background. I tried using Sharpies (permanent markers) to decorate the CD and it turned out ok, however, this is for a Kindergarten class so I don't think the markers are suitable. Of course, if you are doing this with an older class, using permanent markers will be fun!!
Time for a plan B.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
While out op shopping with my friend on Saturday, I came across this sweet little teacup and saucer. I knew it would be just perfect on my table that I had decoupaged with pictures from the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.